Friday, March 12, 2010

MAKING IT PRETTY with LISTS...




I have lists upon lists of things to do... and well, what can I say... I am only one woman. Speaking of which, isn't this memo pad/ list perfect?! You can just hook it to your purse strap or wherever. So perfect.... at Quotes and Notes Etsy shop. I think I need one.... the older I get the more lists I have (and the longer they are).

Spring is always a busy season. We are busy trying to finish our remodeling projects and then deciding to redecorate on top of it all. Oh boy. I have helped at school, torn out carpet, picking out this and that... oh the decisions!! I have been brushing my ever shedding dogs... and fixing the toilets.... sealing grout and gutting my office to reorganize. I am just finishing packing so we can go have a weekend with family and friends in Minneapolis.  I am wishing I could just crawl into my chair and cozy up with a good book. I want to go walking with Elizabeth Bennet , skip down the yellow brick road with Dorothy and Toto, or just cuddle with the sweet velveteen rabbit. But no, I must be a boring adult and do what must be done. I know that once it is all finished and life slows down once more I will be even more creative than ever!!!!!! I have tons of new sketches and have already started on a few.... My next art showing will be all my lovely, sweet girls! AN ENTIRE SHOW! Just for them... (I hear they are quite flattered but are still very shy about the whole ordeal). My show is in MAY! I am going to be a crazy woman.... 

I will still be doing my other posts/tutorials but for tonight I am taking a break. And since I am being all adult about it... I am going to go have a very grown up martini now.

LUV  'n'  HUGS!
Carrie

3 comments:

Felicia said...

A well deserved Martini! enjoy your weekend xx

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Hi Carrie, try and have a wonderful "adult" weekend with family and friends. You can still let your imagination fly - inside - and envision all sorts of fanciful things!!! I am most excited about your upcoming show. I've been sharing your artwork with friends, and they are in love with it, as well. :)
Looking forward to hearing from you soon! Theresa

Angela Flicker: The Art of Making a House a Home in Utah said...

Yum, can I have one too.