Tuesday, June 02, 2009

You may be asking....






So what is that Carrie girl doing? Well... this and that.... it is spring you know. Busy, busy, busy. Preparing for company and trying to get stuff done around here. I have been doing artsy things.... really I have! I just made this graphic as you see above.... I was making my new website... because soon I will be getting rid of my art blog.... just no sense in having 2 blogs... and while I was making my site using a free web service at wix.com. I came upon a graphic they had that is similar to this and thought to myself it is perfect! It compliments my art print "the
 creative mind", but then I thought .... hey I could make it even better, so I made my own! I still used there original graphic on my new website.... mostly because I couldn't get the pic
 to transfer the way I wanted.... but that is okay! I am really pleased at how the site turned out. An now I have a new banner to match! OOOOO goodie.... so exciting. I am really proud of
 the work I did, I feel it is very me.... very silly, fun, whimsical.... moody! So please check it out.... I will be updating it soon and adding more to my art portfolio. Also......

I helped Cassidy's class with a fun trip to Bonanzaville! I know that name just makes you wanna say .... heehaw! Well it was fun! The kids were split into groups... here you see my 5... they were goofy! They all got along really well! 

We saw....... the way it was back in the 'old days'..... the homes....
The church.....
It was as if we had stepped back into time..... I have often said I could have lived in a different
 era. But then it wouldn't seem so nostalgic would it... it was lovely to capture all the lost
 lovelies... items that were once so everyday, now are treasured and yet also forgotten......
Then... when all the moments were captured and I was awakened by the sounds of giggles and
 children lamenting over hunger pangs... we plopped down on a faded blue picnic bench and opened up our lunches, yummy. 
Then played a little game... of a by gone era.... duck duck goose. Boy can those geese run! 
Last week of school then summer mayhem begins!  I may go a little bit crazy. So to calm me down... and keep myself and other mother's out there from going into panic let's step back again... and meditate on ....
Lace..... 
Embroidered hankies... 
and hearing the steady clickity clack of an old typewriter...... happy trails.
XOXOXO
Carrie

No comments: