Thursday, April 02, 2009

HOME

*Remember to pause my playlist


I just wanted everybody to know.... I am home. The kids and I are fine. Jeremy is happy to have us back, I think he was lonely. It is a mess around here. But nothing serious.... for us anyway. Lots of people had damage, we were one of the lucky ones. He will be cleaning up the shop for a long while.. and they have to decide on where to relocate the office. But all in all, everyone is keeping there heads up high and just relieved that the worst is over now. I think everyone is smiling because of how proud we are to be a part of such an amazing community. When it comes down to it, Fargo/Moorhead is one of the best places to live. I think America saw the ideal when this area went into action. People didn't wait to be rescued... people didn't blame... neighbors and family came together and helped one another! It was inspiring to see.... I did cry... yes from exhaustion.... but I also cried tears of joy. Seeing people I didn't even know helping and giving their all.. to perfect strangers. I wish you could know how amazing it is to have your faith restored in people.... especially now a days. In a world were everyone is usually out for number one. That just was NOT the case here. WOW!

I love my home....
Thank you everyone.
XOXO
Carrie

2 comments:

Willow Lake Stitches said...

Carrie. . .

so glad you were able to come home, like Dorothy said, " there's no place like home "

Yes, we do have the best communities up here. . . what a wonderful expample you all set for the world.

welcome home. . .

Beth in Jamestown

Ali said...

wow thanks so much for commenting on my blog carrie! yours is wonderful -i heard/saw on the news about flooding in fargo....terrible news! I hope you and your family are safe...and by the way your artwork is wonderful thanks so much for sharing! I love the 'she keeps growing' piece - i would love that piece for my home - i love idea behind it, personal growth....

wow your artwork is truely beautiful! thanks.
ali