Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Evacuated.....

Right now I am blogging from a remote location. I am staying with family in nearby town, Hawley, with Tonya and Beau Matson. Jeremy is holding down the fort at home. And I am patiently waiting to go home. I am hoping I can get home tomorrow, maybe, if the weather cooperates! As I type we are in the middle of a blizzard. It has been a waiting game... waiting for the weather to be pleasant.....waiting for the water to go down.... waiting for the roads to open.... waiting for someone to tell us we can use our water again. I am not a patient person by nature. But I am so thankful that our home did not have damage. So far, the shop, office, and well... all the company buildings were flooded. Our families homes have only had a bit of seepage and all the dikes have been holding strong.... I believe it is due to all the people out there praying for our family. I am really glad I belong to such a strong family and community, we are all still smiling and dealing with whatever comes our way, knowing that it will all be okay. I think it will take a long while for the economy to recover, so many companies and people have lost work for the last couple weeks to save their families, homes and businesses. But what can you do? This too shall pass, even if it seems to not pass soon enough. The kids are playing with their cousins and are in heaven. Tonya and I are keeping each other company... just hanging out and catching up with each other. I know it has been a long couple weeks for everyone in our community... I know we will bounce back and be stronger than ever before, that is just how the people are here.

XOXO
Carrie
P.S. I am starting to go through art withdrawals!

2 comments:

Sara McManigle said...

Good to hear from you, hun! Glad you're safe and hopefully getting a little rest.

I have one word for you: Moscato (Muscat). Check it out!!! :P

*hugs*

Kaine said...

Hope everything gets back to normal soon!