Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Holyday...

It was a beautiful Holyday today. Even with the market crumbling and all the worry in the air I just decided to enjoy the beauty we are blessed with. After we came home from services I took a nature walk and went down into the woods again. The air was crisp and cool. I could hear the leaves falling gently around me and the squirrels chasing one another and calling their alarm that I was in the territory. All I could think was..... how can we live in a world so mixed with peace and beauty on one side and confusion, war and worry on the other. I didn't dwell on complex thoughts for long. Before I knew it I was searching for mushrooms again and chasing the sound of a nearby woodpecker. I found a great old tree that was really nothing more than a woodpecker condo... found some of those funny mushrooms growing out of the knots on the trees......
I had fun with my new camera taking some nature pictures.... all I needed was a little red riding hood cape..... but we would not want to tempt any wolves you know.

No comments: