Sunday, September 24, 2006

CLEAN FREAK......

Ok, I am not a clean freak. Freaking out about how clean the house is, that is Jeremy's job. He is used to a super mom and that is okay. I just have to remind him that our house is big, our life is busy and that I am NOT his mom. Back in the day when a woman stayed home and baked cookies and had the house spotless and her world was consumed by what they could do for the family, well, let's just say that it is hard to confine yourself to those terms nowadays. I am still consumed, mind you. But I still let my family know that I should be considered and I am more than their chief cook and bottle washer...... We cleaned today. It was absolutely no fun, but something that just had to be done. We moved around Connor's room.... by the way little boys are soooooooooooo dirty. Really, the underneath of the bed is not a trash can, I had steam coming out of my ears. We took the fish tank down.... it really was turning rather green. It had to go. We dusted, vacuumed, picked up toys, I did laundry, I stripped the beds, and fluffed the feather beds, comforters and pillows(and gave them a much needed airing out). I swept, did dishes, cleaned counters, then cleaned the toilets and tubs................check, check, check..... all of it. And yet there is always more to be done. I have come to one realization:

CLEANING THE HOUSE WHEN YOU HAVE KIDS(AND THEIR FRIENDS), IS LIKE A DOG CHASING HIS OWN TAIL. WE WILL NEVER QUITE SUCCEED AND EVEN THOUGH IT IS POINTLESS WE DO IT ANYWAY!

I may sound like a fortune cookie..... but I think it is very true. Maybe I should embroider that saying onto a pillow.

Well, for now the house is clean and will hopefully stay that way so I can relax and do other things for awhile. Like tomorrow, I am going to spend all day in my art studio! Yippee!

We had a chili cook off with the neighbors and watched the Vikings lose to the Bears.... depressing (and unfortunately not surprising). And now the time is coming to reign in the kids and get them all cleaned up and ready for bed. Peace in the land is near! So off I go to make the beds up and get ready for night night time!

No comments: