Monday, January 04, 2010

About the New Year....


Everyone always has these resolutions.... something they want to change or make better or get rid of. Well enough of that I say! I want a real challenge..... so here it goes. To all my friends out there....

* what is at least one thing you are HAPPY about?

I want to know something about you that you like about yourself... your life.... your dreams. It can be your kids, your families... but I want to hear some things that maybe someone wouldn't guess.

I think we tend to focus on what is bothering us too much. I know I do. So what is it? What gets you giddy? Here are a few things about me...

Beyond... All those obvious loves.........I love ... hmmmm.....

I love that my pinky toes look funny... it looks like my mom's pinky toe.... which reminds me of her.

I love watching movies. ANY movie.... even if it is bad, I will find something I like.

I like my eyes.... they are a strange color and that always made me feel unique.... here is the funny thing... I was the only one on both side of my family to have 'my' eyes.... but the universe humbled me and gave both of my kids 'my' eyes.... I wouldn't have it any other way.

I love small cars.... the smaller the better..... if I could find a pimped out citation or gremlin... I would cry tears of joy.

I love that lady bugs get into my house and I find them here and there throughout the cold, bitter winter.

I love lipgloss..... I can't explain this.... but it definitely needs to be on the list.

I love having friends (and making more!) that I can be my dorky self with. I am either awkward and quiet or I get that whole... so giddy and anxious I can shut up thing.... really I am hopeless.

I love that I can see stars .... growing up.... I never saw them in the city.

I love finding things.... mostly books and poems.... reading words written in old english like Shakespeare.... I used to prance around my room and try to imagine I was Juliet and would 'try' to recite my favorite parts.

Since we were talking books.... I LOVE THE SMELL OF BOOKS! Yep, musty, dusty, etc.


I love to dance.... sometimes, in the morning, when everyone is gone.... I start dancing like crazy... nothing cool here.... it probably looks more like a clip from a tribal documentary around a bonfire.

Those are just a few..... so how 'bout you?


Oh yeah.... P.S. I love that I am a hypocrite ..... I just saw the scale.... going on a diet tomorrow. ;P

Have a wonderful 2010!
xoxo
Carrie



7 comments:

Grandma Laurie said...

Well now you went and made me cry....really you are too sweet my dearest girl. I miss you, it's a good thing I get to see you soon. Whaaaa..... Mom

Anonymous said...

LOve you DaD

Anonymous said...

yOU HEADS OF KNUCKLE!!!!

Anonymous said...

JERKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lil 'ol me said...

Okay DAD! Silly! xoxo

Dee said...

I love that moment when you wake up and realise it's a Saturday ... no work and you can lie in and luxuriate in sleepiness xxx

Renee said...

Carrie you are a total treat.

xoxo