Friday, November 07, 2008

DANCE, dance every chance!


'Hello tiny dancer.... come teach me to sway,
to sing and dance together we can play.
We'll prance and twirl, who cares what people say!
If anyone is bothered - in the studio we'll stay.'

I have a little friend as you can see.... I wanted the window to make me feel as if I were at some little European theatre. And since I am always jamming and dancing up there......
I cut out an image of a dancer that I had enlarged.... just some royalty free clip art from the web..... Then hung it on the inside of the sheer curtain I got at the thrift for a buck..... now the family knows if she is dancing in the window I am in the studio! I love silhouettes! I think I may be using more in upcoming projects!


Well.... I bet you are wondering what all these neat little books are huh?
They are a small vintage magazine called the Workbasket... recipes, knitting, crochet, domesticity, etc.
I have been collecting them and other old books and magazines for a long while now. I had some, then my wonderful grandma sent me a whole bunch! I also, every now and then, would see one and snatch it up. I am thinking of using them in a collage... you see I love them soooooo, but feel sad that they are continually neglected... I will not paint over them, they will be seen as they are. I am excited, I will finally have them around to inspire me every day. It will also give me a chance to look into my favorites and maybe be inspired to use some of the patterns or other ideas in them.

Love you all! XOXOX
Carrie

P.S. I am going to try and step up my artful blogging... I am getting close to being finished with the studio, but I am getting a little burnt out. So I will try to do some art as a break in between the overhauling!
P.S.S. I also wanted to say thank you to the inspiration helpers... I love and miss you guys soooo much. xxooXXOO
P.S.S.S. Yes, mom, I am feeling a better... just trying to push through this cold, I have to much to do to be sick!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Hi I'm Debee :) said...

these look delicious!
goodness so much potential
have fun with these!
:)

d